Hi all,

At a company they have two Windows 2000 Domain Controller. On one of them Exchange
2000 is installed.
They installed a third party application named Galileo.
After installation and restarting the Server, the name of the Server was changed.
After this exchange 2000 Services are not starting.

I tried to demote the DC so I can rename it back to the old name, but this also
failed. The reason is that the DC is still known in Active Directory by its old name.

My questions are:
Is there a way to make Exchange 2000 work after the Server name has been changed?
Or is there a way to force a demotion of a DC?

I hope somebody can give me a help on this.

Best Regards,

Michel Fayad