Regarding the rename, you cannot do this.  See:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q273389

Neil

-----Original Message-----
From: Michel Fayad [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Posted At: 23 July 2002 10:39
Posted To: Swynk Exchange List
Conversation: Exchange 2000 Server name has been changed
Subject: Exchange 2000 Server name has been changed

Hi all,

At a company they have two Windows 2000 Domain Controller. On one of
them Exchange 2000 is installed. They installed a third party
application named Galileo. After installation and restarting the Server,
the name of the Server was changed. After this exchange 2000 Services
are not starting.

I tried to demote the DC so I can rename it back to the old name, but
this also failed. The reason is that the DC is still known in Active
Directory by its old name.

My questions are:
Is there a way to make Exchange 2000 work after the Server name has been
changed? Or is there a way to force a demotion of a DC?

I hope somebody can give me a help on this.

Best Regards,

Michel Fayad

This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of
the individual to whom it is addressed. Any view
or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of
Silversands.

If you have received this email in error, please
contact our Support Desk immediately on
01202-360360 or email [EMAIL PROTECTED]