Dear All,
Has anyone come across a spyware called winwhatwhere.... it was mailed to a user here
and he opened it...
It was programmed to capture the keystrokes for all passwords... and e-mailed as an
attachment...
Is there any reputable anti-virus that can actually detect such malicious spywares ...
we have norton for exchange, and desktops and file and prin servers... it failed to
detect it... furthermore when contacted we were informed that since it is a spyware...
norton is designed to ignore such programmed.. like SPYWARE.. since it doesnt want the
unsuspecting users to panic unneccessarily.... I did read about a software called
bodetect that claims to stop this kind of programme.... and infact zonealarm informs
the user ... anytime that this winwhatwhere attemtps to connect to the hotmail server
on port 25 to stealthly send the email attachment and inform that a programmed was
attempting to make an outgoing connection on port 25... .. but other than this
personal firewall... are you folks aware of any software that can actually detect all
spywares....????
In case any one of you is interested.. just go to www.winwhatwhere.com

regards