Hello everyone,

i have a exchange 2000 server that also runs IIS and OWA (i know i should
separate these functions, but i cant get another server for a year!).  it
sits behind a PIX 515 firewall with a private IP.

i have read numerous papers, FAQs, etc. and just have a few questions that
i need cleared up.

does my exchange 2000 box need a translation done with a "real" IP address
at the PIX to send and receive "outside mail"?  i dont want to do this,
but is there a better way?  i know i can put a relaying box in my dmz and
relay to exchange behind the firewall.  what type of machine do i need
(spped, memory, etc.) and which relayer would you use.  im just exploring
all avenues because i may not be able to get another box right now but i
may be able to get a decent workstation to do this.

also any good guides on setting up SSL in this scneario?  i have the Q
articles from microsoft and was just wondering if there was anything
better before i jump into this.

thanks for any help and replies...

Bob C.