What your thinking of is something called Front-end/Back-end configuration
for E2K. There are many good articles on this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mellott, Bill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 9:29 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Exchange 2000, IIS 5, OWA 2000, and SSL

sounds like a family issue....therapist time?

Another note: I have not torchard myself yet with E2K...it is sitting
dormant on the CD at the moment. BUT...
on a though ping-ponging in my head... Since E2K has this inseparable family
issue unlike 55..
isn't it a pain ... IF you are going to expose the E2K OWA to the Net... to
harden the IIS portion of the box???
I'm thinking...like in my 55 envir... my OWA/IIS4 is on a sep. box from the
55 exch. Thus I have done quite a few of the recommended harding of IIS4 as
described in the MS white paper & so on.. on improving security on the
IIS/nt4 box.. with this if you follow a lot of the recommendations...you end
up moving quite a few EXE,etc out of the WINNT dir to a new separate dir
with diff security...
Would say following the MS white paper for IIS "break" the E2K portion of
the box?

yeh I know..put my foot in the water..fined out..let us know....
Have not had time yet...but the though continues in my head...

anyone have exp on this?

thx
bill