Check the DNS settings on your SMTP virtual server.  Do you have a valid external DNS
server set?

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel L. Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2002 1:28 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Exchange 2k SMTP

It's unable to send.  The Outlook client places the message in its Outbox,
and it dissappears quickly.  It then shows at the Exchange server, in the
virtual smtp server queue.  After a certain time period (relatively close to
the timeout and retries specified), I get an unable to deliver message
notification.