-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Bendall, Paul
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 8:02 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Outlook logon process

Hi Nate,

Thanks for the articles unfortunately they do not cover the problem we are
experiencing. It only happens at logon and for one user took 20 mins to
login in to Outlook, no errors were generated by the client. Our mailboxes
are limited to 60 MB so it is not a size issue and I have checked the
mailboxes myself and can always log onto them without any problems.

Looking at the domain controllers is rather tricky, we in the mail team have
rights over our Exchange servers that are in a resource domain I can look at
the event logs of these servers and no errors are generated. Another team
look after all the servers from an OS point of view and I don't have
permission to look at the DC's in the user domain. That was why I was trying
to get something that would indicate where the problem is for Outlook
logging on and then work with the team responsible, whether that be server,
netcom or Unix for DNS teams.

Regards,

Paul