What caused the mail loop?

-----Original Message-----
From: Darryl Harris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 8:35 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: need ammo

The general policy of most companies is 5MB limit of Internet
inbound/Outbound messages.
In my opinion, too many users think of email systems as being some panacean
highway for any kind of data transmission no matter the threat or
inconvenience to others.  I have had nitwits send out large messages which
got caught in a nasty mail loop.  There is no easy answer but I recommend
that you approach this from a policy point of view.

Our policy here is 5MB.
No ifs or butts (pun intended).

D.