You'll find that with large messages of that size, you may be fielding calls
from remote users who can't understand why, when they dial in, their email
takes a couple hours to download.  Explaining to them that they have several
large attachments waiting for them usually sufficiently frustrates them into
seeing your point of view (provided you only provide dial-up services for
remote users).

Its all a matter of user training.  Typical users don't have any clue that
there's a better way to transfer files, not only externally, but internally.
Once you explain FTP, or even file shares, to them, it usually helps the
problem.

If you don't happen to be using Enterprise version, and you have a bunch of
packrats, you may find that with larger attachment sizes, you'll fill up
your IS rather quickly - happened to us with only a couple hundred users.
Convincing people not to send email is much easier than convicing them to
delete email already sent.

John J. Steniger
Network and Security Manager
Familymeds, Inc.