>> Anybody know a good way off keeping Public Folder permanently
>> locked down (and hence under our control, not the users)

> Why?

Because I'd like to maintains some degree of control over them before they balloon out
of control. The central drive on our system is one large mess and nobody can find
anything on it. I'm be damned if I let our user-base do the same thing to Public
Folders. I'd like to close this stable door before the horse bolts. Once it's locked
down we can dole out the correct permissions to the correct users and keep some sort
of sembalance of order. Build the permissions up, not down. It's easier to give users
access to a system, than take it away from them.

Thanks to everybody who replied I'll look into your answers shortly.