From: Christopher Hummert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 12 September 2002 23:21
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Backup Hardware

My boss has a friend that has a company that backs up their servers by
taking a spare hard drive from a RAID 5 config home ever night.
Currently we are using a VAX tape drive to back up our systems. He seems
to think that the hard drive solution sounds like a great idea. I think
it's possibly the worst idea ever created. Besides the constant
vibrations, and temperature changes that the hard drives would have to
withstand could everyone give me some more reasons as to why this is a
bad idea. I think I just need a little ammo from other admins to help
convince him.

Thanks
Chris Hummert

Network Administrator - Albany Agency of Insurance
Webmaster for Noghri.net
http://www.noghri.net
MS Beta tester ID #: 388366

in the universe is that none of it has tried to contacts us."

- from Calvin and Hobbes

intY has scanned this email for all known viruses (www.inty.com)

intY has scanned this email for all known viruses (www.inty.com)