User Group

We are using FAXserve for Windows and this is integrated into exchange. So if a user
wants to send a FAX within Outlook in the TO field the user will put
[FAX:0207123987421] and then put in the body of the email what ever they want to fax.
We would like to be able to fax using an smtp address and send a fax from outside
Exchange. Can any one please tell me how you can do this. When a user sends a fax
exchange sends the mail as an smtp mail from one server to another. So I am thinking
why can't we use smtp?

1.      We could purchase the  fax/smtp gateway but this is only going to create more
administration overhead (we do not want another server to look after).
2.      How does Exchange interpret the fax address and know how to route it to the
faxserver?
3.      I feel that technically there should be no reason why I can't send an smtp
mail into Exchange because the fax server is the gateway and should do the rendering.

Can any one point me in the right direction or come up with any positive comments (Fax
vendor has not been helpful).

Regards

 the system manager ( [EMAIL PROTECTED] ).

 The format of address is:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 MAILsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

 J Sainsbury plc  (185647 England)
 Sainsbury's Supermarkets Limited  (3261722 England)

 Registered Offices:
 33 Holborn
 London
 EC1N 2HT