Well, the easiest way to do this is to install another E2K server and
simply move the mailboxes to the new server. Now, the only thing that
might throw a wrench into this for you is running sbs2k. And, I have
repeatedly stated this and let me go on record as stating that SBS is a
terrible product that should never be installed anywhere in the entire
world because of the serious limitations that it imposes on organizations.
This is a perfect example as to why an organization should NEVER install
SBS. And if there are any companies out there that have consultants
recommending SBS, fire them immediately and get somebody competant.

One of the big problems with SBS is that it uses the Standard Edition of
Microsoft Exchange, which has the nasty limitation of not being able to
support multiple Exchange servers.

>From Microsoft docs:
"Exchange 2000 on a Small Business Server installation is restricted from
being part of a larger Exchange server organization. Because Small
Business Server 2000 is installed as the root of the Active Directory
forest, you cannot install the Exchange 2000 component into an existing
organization."

Also from Microsoft docs:
"Full installation of Windows 2000 is required. It is not possible to
upgrade Microsoft BackOffice Small Business Server to the Windows 2000
operating system; however, if your hardware meets the system requirements
(http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/advancedserver/evaluation/sysreqs/)
for Windows 2000, you can install the full product.

The current plan for the next release of Small Business Server is to base
the product on the Windows 2000 operating system. For more information
about Small Business Server, see the Small Business Server Web site
(http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusinessserver/default.htm)."

What this means in a nutshell is that I don't have a solution for you. I
have searched Technet and have not been able to find an acceptable upgrade
path from SBS to anything useable. Essentially, since you are running SBS,
you cannot install a new E2K server into the organization and simply move
the user mailboxes. And, in all honesty, I have not found an acceptable
way to upgrade SBS to W2K enterprise.

If anyone has a solution out there for upgrading SBS to enterprise
versions, I'd love to see it. There HAS to be a way, Microsoft could not
have been THAT bone-headed. On the other hand, they released SBS so I
guess I wouldn't put anything past them.

One thing you might try is backing up your stores, installing a new
non-SBS server with full W2K and E2K and restoring to that server.

Avoid SBS like the plague, it is a terrible, terrible product and
Microsoft, in good conscience, should NEVER have released it upon an
unsuspecting public.