FWIW, I answered it within an hour if it being asked.  The following
morning, Roger restated the same answer.

William

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Andrea Coppini
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2002 6:37 AM
To: Exchange Discussions

Since no one bothered to actually answer the question,  I'll give it a
try.

Andrey, if you're using Exchange 2000, the memory munching is by design.
STORE.EXE takes up as much available physical RAM as possible to cache
mailboxes and speed up access.

We have 1.2Gb in our Exch, and Store.exe's usage hovers around 800mb.

This is completely normal.

Also, it will (should) automatically reduce its memory utilization when
other applications start needing it (eg. Backup jobs, opening of
software or large admin tools on the exchange server), so it won't force
the system to use virtual memory.