hp Services

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Kevin Cobb
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 7:29 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Strange NDRs

I have a strange problem that I cannot personally re-create and am
wondering if anyone else might be seeing this, or have discovered a
resolution.

When some folks in my corporation send to people in the global address
book, they get a reject on that individual.  When I look at the
properties on a resend, I discover that instead of an SMTP address, it
appears to show a x.400 address in the DISPLAY NAME area.  No addresses.
If I create a new email and select that user and "check names" it shows
up properly.
It really seems to generate when a reply to all comes about.  For some
reason one or two email addresses, that reside in our Global Address
book, do this, while others go.  If I delete the address and enter it
again, the resend is successful.  We are Windows 2000/Exch. 2000 (sp3).
Using outlook xp.

For the life of me I cannot figure out what might be causing this, nor
can I seem to find anything on the web dealing with it.  Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time. Kevin Cobb