Most time in email transactions is recorded as UTC (AKA Greenwich Mean Time)
+/- the timezone offset in hours.

In other words, the time stamp on this message should read something like
11:24 -4:00

I'd guess you're West Coast USA, at which point that would be correct.
During non-Daylight savings time, you'll find that offset is -7:00 for
yourself, rather than 6.

Roger
Roger D. Seielstad - MCSE
Sr. Systems Administrator
Inovis - Formerly Harbinger and Extricity
Atlanta, GA