thanks for the reply's

Martin.... Yes I just updated the scan engine with the latest patch.

Details: I had found that a test IIS server had been hacked...a person drop
this IRC Trojan on it...
NAI missed it totally...since Ive been testing Symantec and Trend. I loaded
up the symantec..and it found it..
I zipped up the files copied the zip file to my desktop machine which had
symantec on it..found it again in the zip...unload symantec.. loaded up
trend..ran it..didnt find it...called tech...worked with a tech ..sent him
the zip his server he said didn't detect it either..mail zip file to virus
doctor..no resp...call yesterday...they had lost the info..new tech
recommended loading patch...did so..still missed it...mail zip file to tech
and tech indicated they would "try" to keep up with it and let me
know.....ummm...

config, when I did a manual scan it was on common virues..I just ran one
with All viruses..still NG.
I mean I know nothing is perfect..symantec missed on something trend picked
up..
I just was a little surprised? at trend's support..not that anything else is
a utopia
so this prompted me to solicet everybody opinions on it

bill