What you want to do is get something that runs as a gateway rather than on
the mail server. That will negate any issues of compatibility and keep the
stuff from ever getting near the Exchange box.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hansen, Eric [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 10:12 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: the spam product question

I know I know I know, this questions has been asked a million times.  My
question has a small but important twist.

We don't content filter our email here.  Now they want to, even though we
are less then 6 months away from a Exchange 2000 and/or Exchange .Net
migration, but they want to do it anyway.  I'm looking for the best spam
filter that will run on 5.5 but then will also run on 2000.  I dug through
the archives a bit but didn't see this addressed.

On a side note...

They should really add the "what anti-spam product should I use?" question
to the faq.

Chow bellas
e-