From: Robert Moir [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 6:18 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Shortcuts to Outlook objects

Really? What secret direct compensation do I receive?

> But you look at their posts and it is
> obvious that they are simply paid advocates for Microsoft and
> part of their responsibility is to vilify anyone that says
> anything negative with regards to Microsoft. And these are
> the same people that list every last certification and other
> acronym that they can paste onto the end of their sig, but
> you never see Microsoft MVP.

Lets see now.
My sig (for the rare occasions I bother to append it):
--
Robert Moir, MSMVP
Senior IT Systems Engineer,

Notice it says "MSMVP" ?

So, that's two strikes and two misses so far. I don't get "Secret
compensation" and I appear to have the word "MVP" in my sig block.

> I wonder why? Microsoft asked me
> to become an MVP and I told them to go jump in a lake. More
> people need to take this approach and be true consultants,
> not advocates.

I'm not any kind of consultant for anybody. I'm an employee of a college. I
don't get paid by anyone to sell solutions based on Microsoft products or
anyone else's products, and I'm certainly not paid to advocate any
particular platform.

That's strike three. Thanks for playing.

--
Robert Moir, MSMVP
Senior IT Systems Engineer,