As best as I can guess, the remote server is complaining that the format of
your message does not conform to the format it expects, which would be a
user at a local host in the recipient's domain. The other half of the
message is that it's not a gateway, so it will not pass on what appears to
be a non-local address. If you could give us the address to which you are
sending, even in the format <munged>@theaddress.tld, we might be able to
guess a little better. Oh, and did you munge the 550 message at all, or is
that how it appeared verbatim?

FWIW, there has been some discussion of your provider, optonline.com, on
news.admin.net-abuse.email in recent days, with the general concensus (hah!)
being that optonline is not a spammer, just a cable modem provider with a
lot of potentially abusable clients. So there is a small but existing
possiblity that you are being blocked due to your address.

--
be - MOS

Yow!  I just went below the poverty line!