Thank you, that's a very good point.  The MX record for the customers domain
is actually mail.oldcompanyname.com, not mail.newcompanyname.com even though
the IP address is correct.  Thanks again!  Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Public Folder:
Exchange
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 10:22 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Strange 550 error

I have seen misleading 550 errors if Reverse DNS to your domain is not
correct.  If the IP address of your SMTP relay/server resolves to
mail.domain.com, but the SMTP server/relay actually claims to be a different
host name, then you can get a 550 error.

-Kevin