-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Paul Hutchings
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 2:37 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Backup Question?

I plan on using Windows 2000 backup to do online exchange backups to a
file on a separate spindle/controller which will then be streamed to
tape on a central LTO library.

I'm planning on doing a full backup each night, and maybe even a
differential at lunchtime (our load is pretty light and the server is a
good spec).

I'd also like to get a decent backup of the server.

If I just select all the drives I'll get skips of all the open exchange
files.  So, is it best to manually select all the directories, and the
system state and EXCLUDE all of the \exchsrvr folders, or are there some
exchange files that I really want to be backing up that aren't backed up
by an online exchange backup?

regards,
Paul
--