I think I'm either misunderstanding you, or you're misunderstanding
NTBackup2000 or whatever we're calling it.

If you want to back up SystemState and drive C: and E: but exclude
C:\winnt\system32 and e:\foo\bar you can just edit your *.bks file and
make sure it says

C:
C:\winnt\system32\ /Exclude
E:
E:\foo\bar\ /Exclude
SystemState

You don't need to manually add each individual folder.