Recently, we've been evaluating NETIQ's AppManager for monitoring our
Exchange environment, including Exchange 2000, 5.5, Antigen, Blackberry,
and IBM Director (hardware management).  It would also monitor Windows ad
AD.

At the same time, we are also evaluating MOM to monitor the same stuff,
however, if we want it to monitor these third party items(, Blackberry,
and IBM Director), we will have to purchase the plug-ins from NETIQ.

So far, I really like NETIQ.  It is easy to use, seems very accurate and
is logically organized with more features and monitors right out of the
box that I like.

My impression of MOM is not so good.  It seems that a lot of customization
is required to make it work properly.  I think that it would monitor
things effectively, however, I think the implementation time, due to the
increased level of customization involved, would be much greater, and
ultimately make me less happy.

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts/experiences with either or both of
these products since there is quite a debate going on within my company.

Thanks