From: Couch, Nate [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 9:55 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: NAV for Exchange 5.5 is freaking out...

I have seen this occur on our servers in two instances.

1) While you may have done this already. Stop and restart the NAV services.
I have seen where they will whack out and doing thill settle them down.

2) The other thing I have seen and you have alluded to it here is that the
virus DAT file may be corrupt resulting in NAV losing functionality.  When
this happened to me we downloaded the DAT from Symantec again and
reinstalled it.  This worked.  I have also had it happen where we had to go
back one version of the DAT because the current DAT was corrupt from
Symantec.  Or at least it was getting corrupted somewhere along the way
between Symantec and my server.  Either way we had to go back one.

I hope something here helps.

Nate Couch
EDS Messaging