True.....after the arguments today my opinion on the subject has changed

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve Molkentin
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 3:04 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Virus Notifications to Sender?

Chris,

As much as I appreciate your POV, I will have to ring Ed's mantra in on
this:

"There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioural problems".

We must encourage (or train ourselves) all these kinds of users that we
know that the Internet is not a "safe" place. E-mail cannot be taken at
face value. E-innocence is long lost.

It is not worth giving all those "baddies" valid e-mail addresses just
because we want to protect Mom or Aunt Ethel.

<<sigh>>

My $0.02 (inc GST).

themolk.