If your user is the sender, get you butt dwon there and clean it up! Your
also going to have to ask some tough questions as your AV software should
have stopped it. I do admit it happens, it has happened here, but every time
we have to review why it happened and what needs to be done to prevent that
in the future. That has included VERY string warnings to employees to not
attempt to defeat the AV system. (They still do, they still get 'educated')

Also, that is fairly easy to check. Just look for virus content on your
OUTGOING queue. That protects your company for embarassment without the risk
of embarassment from looking like your stupid when you send your infected
messages to the wrong people.

As for "What going to happen when p*rn spammers start sending messages to
users as [EMAIL PROTECTED]", where have you been. They have been
spoofing for more than two years! Yes, it is a problem with e-mail, but that
is not an excuse to punnish the innocent. Dan is doing the responsible
thing, he recognised that Klez and other viruses like it lie. SO he only
responds to those that he has a resonable chance at contacting the real
sender of the virus. As I said in my last post, no one would argue that
method. I believe it should be able to be automated. I also believe it is
the responsibility of the AV scanners that offer autoreply to implimnet
something to suppress the messages when they would go to the incorrect
person. All they have to do is tag the identities as falsefrom viruses. Then
there is the possibility of controling what gets a autoresponse and what
does not.

I do not know about the others on the list, but I imagine that the writes of
the current viruses are rolling on the floor laughing at all the finger
pointing and false accusations a few infections can cause.

Michael