From: Midgley, Ian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 18 June 2003 14:07
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Brick level backups

That's not funny !! I'm currently involved in discussions with our legal
team regarding the validity of English language disclaimers on messages
written in various different European languages (we route all our Internet
mail through a single SMTP gateway in the UK). The legal team are pushing to
add disclaimers in each language.

Just because no-one ever reads disclaimers doesn't mean that they are not
legally applicable - when was the last time you read the MS license
agreement when installing software? And just because I select the other
radio button and click OK doesn't mean that I have read the labels attached
to those actions either.

I would be interested in Williams disclaimer list if he would be happy to
publish.

Also, does anyone know of a disclaimer adder that is language aware?
Otherwise I'm going to have to do some funny tricks with SMTP connectors and
routing inside the company.

The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient or
entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential information that
is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy, distribute or take any act in reliance on it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete from your system.