Fat fingers I think...

-----Original Message-----
From: Ward, Stuart
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 4:06 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: RE: RE: Error on inbound mail 550 5.7.1

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 3:40 PM
To: Exchange Discussions

OK everyone here it is...the fix.

As you veteran networkers probably detected right of the bat is...it is a
DNS problem.

Seems the ISP has not delgated our DNS to the gaining ISP.

So, when I sent an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] my local sever thought
the mail was a relay, hence the " cannot relay through this machine"
message.

To fix the problem, I have to add an email address to my user on the
exchange 2k server that looked like this [EMAIL PROTECTED] (however, I
think I can replace that with the dns name and be just fine).  This allowed
the mail to come straight into my server from public.

Does this concern anyone?

We will have to wait until I get all of the users "forwarded" to their new
@ipaddress before we can delegate to the ISP and then I can forward all of
their mail back to them from the old account.  Unless someone knows of a way
to make unix send mail pit this all out automatcally.

Thanks for all of the replies to help sovle this.  Especially to Ben for the
"think it again" posting.

Christian