> Configuring an Outlook for the Mac to
> connect across subnets? I need that ongoing pain like I need
> another hole in my head.

It's not hard, just a hosts file or DNS entry then it works....how is this
so different from windows?

> > Why did they get rid of the Outlook product?
>
> Hopefully because they realized it sucked complete ass.
> Entourage was a better product at 1.0 than Outlook for the
> mac had ever been.

Outlook 2001 would be perfectly adequate if they fixed the HTML rendering,
made task requests work and sorted a few other flaws that escape me. It's
not exactly a major re-write, just a service pack.

Even without these fixes OL2001 is workable, we have 200 mac users who are
getting on with their jobs.