> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, at 5:44pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> Inbound, Inbound Inbound INBOUND INBOUND CONNECTIONS!
>>
>> Fscking Road Runner SSMs decided that "inbound" meant _all_.
>
> One man's outbound is somebody else's inbound.

Right, which is why all firewalls come with default rules set to block all
inbound and all outbound traffic. Oh wait...

>Many ISPs are concerned
> with stopping existing compromises from spreading, in addition to stopping
> inbound attacks.

I'm sure that's why MSN blocks outbound access on port 25 to any mail server
other than their own. And why a number of smaller ISPs block VPN access
unless you've paid for a "business" account.

> Also, more selective filters require more processing power on some
> routers.  Sometimes, a lot more.

I have an ISP, not an HSP (http service provider). The I doesn't stand for
'ports we think you should be able to use'.