-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alverson, Tom
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 11:30 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: PST version - revisited

I have had good luck repairing bad (over 2G) pst files by using ontrack's
"easyrecovery" utility.  I bought the version that does all types of office
files (doc, xls, mdb, pst) as well as doing low level hard disk recovery and
it was about $500.  You can get the various pieces for less.

I did try the Microsoft approved method, which was to run a utility that
chops off the file at 2G (you have to experiment to find out how much).
Chopped off data is lost forever.  Then you run scanpst and it can recover
some of the data, but in the one I tried it lost all the folder names (it
had to make up new names).

Using easyrecovery resulted in two good PST's (it was over 2g so the output
couldn't fit into one).  Everything looked fine in the recovered PST files.

Tom