I dunno how much you're paying for MessageLabs' service, but it's pretty much a
customized front end for the open-source SpamAssassin.  The only benefit I can see
over a stock Postfix/Sendmail gateway using Spamassassin, perhaps with MailScanner or
amavisd or Anomy Sanitizer for some more advanced content routing, is that it gives
more granular per-user settings.  That's a lot of money on a bet that they can do
better than 99.5% with 0 false positives than I do with a server I had laying around
gathering dust, and routing sensitive information through a third party.

Not familiar with how much better Postini does than 99.5% catch with 0 FPs.  My users
are simply thrilled.  But I haven't told them they *could* have individualized
Bayesian databases rather than a monolithic domain-wide one.