Glenn,

I have seen this exact issue as well and the SIS hotfix does resolve it
(after applying it and then running ISINTEG on each DB).  When you run
ISINTEG without the fix it will temporarily resolve the discrepancy
between the "real" mailbox size and what is reported (thus the sudden
mailbox size increases), but it will come back until the SIS hf is
applied.