Ladies and gentlemen,

I've developed a somewhat odd quirk and am hoping that someone can help
me sort it out...

First the basics:  Exchange 2000 SP3 on Windows 2000 SP3...

I have a user, Daniel Julien, who originally existed in our parent
domain...  Due to some changes in the organization, we've had to move
some of the users from the parent domain to a child domain...  For the
few users that needed to move, I've simply detached their Exchange
mailboxes, deleted the parent domain accounts, created new accounts in
the child domain (SID history and all that wasn't important) and then
reattached the mailbox to the account in the child domain...  This of
course went smoothly for the other six accounts, but (of course) the
last one is giving me a bit of trouble...

On some clients (both OL2000 and OL2002), the new account is not
resolving correctly and instead is resolving to what appears to be the
old Exchange 5.5 name (we migrated from Exchange 5.5 back in January)...
If I look at the resolved name on the affected clients it appears as
"/o=NAMFG/ou=CLEVELAND/cn=NA-STORDY/cn=DANIELJULIEN" in the _Display
Name_ field with all other fields being blank (First name, Last name,
all the email addresses, etc are blank)...  If I attempt to send the
message from the affected clients, I get an Undeliverable message with
the following:

 Two recipients are configured with the same e-mail address.  Contact
your administrator.
            <mailserver.namfg.com #5.1.4>

Other clients and OWA send the message without error and resolve the
name properly...  There are no abnormal messages in the event log on the
Exchange server....  At first I thought it was a problem with the local
name cache on the clients, so I deleted all the .NK2 files, but the
issue remains...  Recreating the profiles on the affected machines has
also yielded no remedy...  Both affected and non-affected machines alike
show the same server as their GAL server...  Searches in the MSKB and
Google have returned nothing relevant...

Any help, as always, would be greatly appreciated.

Joe Pochedley
Weiler's Law - Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do
it himself.