I have read about other folks having troubles with thier outbound queue
getting hammered, and mine is not exception. My question about this
involved the IMC properties tab called Rounting and then under that, the
routing restrictions. I have noticed that when I have " hosts and clients
that successfully auth" box checked, my queue gets hammered with tons of
junk. Some with originators with adress like [EMAIL PROTECTED], and the anti loop
<>. some of these <> are in the thousands from yahoo.com and aol.com etc. Now,
when I take that check mark off, leaving only "hosts and clients with
these IP address'" my queue totally calms down and my processor stops
pegging at 100%. Why would this change make that difference? Am I allowing
the spam through for some reason with that check box unchecked so it
doesnt pile up in the queue? By taking off the
" hosts and clients that successfully auth" , am I denying an internal
user who might have a mass mailer access to the outbound queue? To me it
would still hit the queue, just return to them a 550.
Any thoughts on this would be great! My environment is Windows 2000
server, with 5.5. No AD, and current Service packs.
Thanks,
Ron