Have you tried opening some of the message files in \exchsrvr\imcdata\out with a text
editor to see what they all are? I would think the <> messages would just be the usual
NDRs, but anything showing an AOL address as the originator would definitely be
unnerving, and might point to a spammer who can authenticate.

As it happens, I have our routing restrictions set up the same as you with both
specific ip addresses, and users who authenticate checked, and haven't noticed any
excessive and unaccountable activity in the out queue.

-Peter

This message is private or privileged.  If you are not the
person for whom this message is intended, please delete it
and notify me immediately, and please do not copy or send
this message to anyone else.