Hi There,

  I have a wierd issue and if anyone has any possibly explanation by all
means feel free to post.

  We have 4 AD serviers in our environment to date. All of the are Running
SP3 on them and we have many Exchange 2000 servers as well. Sometimes (not
on regular intervals, just randomly) the outlook clients we have all of a
sudden cannot get their email and the 'finding exchange server' dialog
pops up on outlook 2002.

  Even if you bail out of the client and try to go back in, you get the
same windows and then a failure to login. So I check the Exchange server.
It is running fine and everything is clam. No strange processes and even a
network scan reveals nothing unusual.

  There are no event log entries either. I check the AD to make sure its
ok and I can login via LDAP and Global Catalog ports without any issues. I
can query users and use the MMc snapin for management of the AD.

  The server also has no strange processes running on it and its also
calm. After finding nothing on a gut instinct I just restart the
'Netlogon' service and bang! everything returns to normal.

  What could be the issue? its happens randomly and sometimes it can go
for day or weeks without happening. Thsi has happened now 2 times within a
week and now has me and the executives worried about the stability of the
system.

  Any help would be greately appreciated.

-Timothy