http://www.e-government.govt.nz/docs/see-mail-bus-req-2-2/chapter1.html
http://www.e-government.govt.nz/see/index.asp

The NZ government has been down this path and the first link gives some practical
requirements in regard to RFCs etc.

May be of some help

Mimesweeper has secrectsweeper and mail marshal has mail marshal secure. (I remember
these two met NZ govt requirements inconjunction with vendor implementation)

1. There will be some
2. What do you mean? once it has left your gateway your stuffed.
3. Well tumbleweed does not meet that requirement (from reading its specs)
4. You need to either get something to plug into your SMTP gateways (what are they?)
or replace them with something else. There is no whay an existing gateway is likey to
be able to decrypt a secure message to scan it to chech for virii, attachments
etc......

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 29/10/2003 8:48:36 a.m. >>>
All,

Just wondering what companies were using for Secure E-Mail. We are tasked
with implementing a Secure E-Mail solution in FY '05. We have indeed done
some research and investigation and have come up with 2 products so far that
look promising (Tumbleweed and Certified mail). Has anyone had any
experience or interaction with either, or recommend a different
vendor/product). The goal is to provide our attorneys with the ability to
send and receive secure email with their clients with 1. no user interaction
or training 2. tracking capabilities 3. not email client specific 4. must be
scanned by our SMTP gateways prior to leaving and entering our system

TIA

         Northland State of the Environment Report 2002
                     now online at  www.nrc.govt.nz
NORTHLAND REGIONAL COUNCIL