On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, at 3:55pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I think you are missing the point of my statement

  I think you missed the point of *mine*.  :-)

  There is no silver bullet for security.  You cannot buy a product or
service and thereby achieve any level of security.  You cannot apply
diligence to just one small part of the puzzle and achieve any level of
security.

  You said you need to exchange email with clients.  I presume those clients
are independent operators, over which you have no control.  In that
situation, you cannot guarantee *ANY* level of security, because the
problems lie not with the technology, but how it is being used.

  If you really want "secure email", I suspect you'll need to radically
change how you use email.  And I'm pretty sure that is not going to happen.
Which means you're not going to have "secure email".  Period.

  If the goal is to just spend some money and buy a product, they go ahead
and buy whatever looks good.  :-)

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>