Exchange 2k sp3

I have a weird problem with my exchange 2000 RUS.  When I create a new
Distribution Group and let the RUS do its thing, the group doesn't show
up in the default GAL.  Even though the RUS stamped it with all the
correct attributes that the Default GAL is looking for.  There is a flip
side to that.  I have custom address lists under the default GAL with
custom LDAP queries on them to pull groups and users.  If I go to that
specific address list it shows up there, but again, not in the default
GAL.  Another thing, if I do a preview of the GAL in ESM, the group
shows up there.  It finally shows up if I go back and edit any part of
the group.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.