Just thought I would throw in my 2c.  I recently took on the charge of
moving a company that is running all UNIX mailhosts
(Sendmail\Qpopper)...and moving them to Exchange 2000 (and then to
2003...this month..yah).  Natually they have a large amount of *NIX
clients....so I had this problem as well.  I got a copy of the Ximian
Exchange Connector the other day and let me tell you...I was really
impressed.  The only thing that it was missing (which is not Ximian's
fault) is creating  server side rules....which should be fixed in their
Exchnage 2003 connector.  I would still like to see an Exchange client
that supports Regex based rules...but that is another topic.  I was able
to do everything that I can do with My Ol2003 client (contacts,
calendaring, public folders, etc..).  The only thing to consider is that
you have to allow an additional WebDAV verb if you have locked down your
E2k IIS environment (shame on you if you have not).

>From what I can tell...a very solid product.  I would guess that with
Novell picking up Suse as well...things should get very interesting in the
distant future for the desktop environment.

Best regards,
Steve