From: Martin Blackstone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 7:38 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Migrating from GroupWise 6.5

I think what is at issue here is that in the past you have spent time in
this group bashing on the major posters, a number of which are MS MVP's. You
insult us by calling us unethical as we have accepted small gifts from MS as
part of our MVP status. And though you may not believe it, most of us are
not here for those gifts. The time spend working in the public groups costs
us far more than a trinket from MS. For some reason known only to you, our
helping others and receiving recognition for MS makes us less ethical than
others. Please, you don't have to explain yourself again. We have heard it a
dozen times at least. Then you come in and ask for help from essentially
those same people.

I would hope you could understand that after a large amount of bashing by a
person, those same folks may be much less inclined to help or offer a kind
word to you. While what you say is what you believe, you can also understand
that others may find your opinion hurtful or demeaning. But next time you
notice that cool new function in Exchange that people have been asking for,
you may want to stop and wonder if that function is there because some MVP's
listened to your wants and needs and made a suggestion to MS to add that to
this new version.

Just my two cents.