-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Greg Deckler
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 8:55 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Migrating from GroupWise 6.5

Yes, I have a fundamental, philosophical problem with the MVP program.
Regardless of any direct compensation in the form of nik naks, etc. the
bestowing of honorary titles is a perk and is more valuable to some than a
monetary reward. Hence, in my opinion, it is a conflict of interest and not
something that professional IT personnel should engage in. At one point back
around the 1996/1997 timeframe I was offered MVP status and turned it down
because of this.

You do not agree with my opinion. That's all well and good. I don't happen
to agree with your opinion. Guess what? Nobody cares except you and I so get
over it and be civil. We have a difference of opinion, that's all. I fail to
understand why a simple difference of opinion vexes you so much and why you
continue to harp on it.

I have differences of opinions with lots and lots of people including
friends, family and coworkers. My brother does not agree with my opinion
that publicly funded universities are cheating the public by not putting
their classes on-line as web broadcasts. But we still sit down together at
Thanksgiving and Christmas and laugh and joke and generally get along,
unless we're on the same side playing cards. But we try to avoid that now.

Why a difference of opinion on a single subject causes you to continually
complain and be rude is beyond my ability to comprehend. I would prefer if
you found it within yourself to get over it, move on and be civil. I have.