We are experiencing a mysterious problem with E2K public/system folder
replication.

We've got a multi-site org with Ex5.5 & E2K in each site as we're
mid-transition.  All servers are fully SPed and patched.

In one particular site we have several folders that are replicated to
servers in the other sites.  Unless a replica of these local public or
system (Free/Busy) folders exists on the local Ex 5.5 server,
replication of these folders does not "happen" to the other sites.  All
other sites send and receive public folder content just fine.  The site
in question also receives other site PF content just fine.

We have evidence of SMTP messages being sent between the pub store
objects (<serverX>[EMAIL PROTECTED] and <serverY>[EMAIL PROTECTED]) every 15
minutes that are trackable under System Manager | Tools.  I presumed
these emails consisted of pub folder content replication since the
messages are to and from the public stores and the timing matched the
replication interval for the Always schedule.  Is that true?  If so,
what might cause a remote site not to update their local replica of my
folders?

I've searched Technet, found precious few articles about ways
replication can be broken, but none of them apply.  There is nothing in
the event logs anywhere indicating a problem.  SMTP traffic is moving
smoothly amongst the sites otherwise.

Any suggestions as to what Diagnostics Logging might aid in determining
a problem?  Helpful Q articles?  Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jim Becker

Manager of LAN Services
State University of New York