From: John Matteson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 23 December 2003 15:51
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Outsourcing email?

I agree, I wouldn't want to run all my internal only mail through a
service provider for spam/virus filtering. As for outgoing mail and
inbound  mail, why make it easy for someone to run a man in the middle
intelligence gathering operation against your company? Running all your
mail through one easy to access service point makes it very easy for
some disgruntled service provider employee (who I don't have any control
over), to make copies of all the mail and then black market it.

Yes, a M-i-T-M attack can be run on the net, but in order to gather the
amounts of data necessary to make it worth while, you need a choke
point. You couldn't get enough information about my business if all you
did was M-I-T-M my mail going to and from Cisco, or some other vendor
like that.

The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient or
entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential information that
is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy, distribute or take any act in reliance on it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete from your system.