From: Roger Seielstad [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 23 December 2003 16:28
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Outsourcing email?

That's complete bunk.

I have complete control over where mail entering and leaving my networks is
delivered, as well as having full logs of those transactions.

Any system sending mail to inovis.com will route to one of 4 boxes under our
control - I control the publication of the MX records that point to the 4
boxes which we control. By putting Postini (or any mail outsourcer) into
that flow, I have to publish MX records pointing to boxes outside my
control.

My systems have control of the mail until its handed off to the systems that
the receivers have designated as responsible for their mail.

In this schenario, I have as much control over email traffic as possible.
Putting an ASP SPAM service in the middle creates a situation in which you
don't have control over your own mail delivery, and that's not something
which my company is willing to give up.

The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient or
entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential information that
is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy, distribute or take any act in reliance on it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete from your system.