-----Original Message-----
From: Crista Murphy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Posted At: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 8:46 PM
Posted To: Exchange (Swynk)
Conversation: Internet Mail Issues
Subject: RE: Internet Mail Issues

Here's a new one on me... Earthlink replied that because the ip block
the MX record points to is persistent not static they block the address.

"The reason that your mail bounced back is because it attempted to pass
directly from an IP address range believed to be dynamically assigned
(such as dialup or ADSL) to the EarthLink/MindSpring network, without
first routing through a static SMTP server (such as that provided by
your ISP). This is known as "Direct to MX mailing", and is a technique
used by spammers to bypass spam control mechanisms established by ISPs."

This is the first I've heard of a list of dynamically assigned IP's
being used as a block list, actually this is the first I've heard there
is such a list!

Jupitermedia Corp.
Attn: Discussion List Management
475 Park Avenue South