>From the MS KB:

Article ID: Q256360 - XWEB: HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error Appears When
You Rename a Public Folder in Outlook Web Access

--
Jeff Eggleston
MCP

"John Hanks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

I have a new problem (new to me) that has me stumped. One of my users
has an email message that won't open in Outlook or OWA. Outlook says
"can't open this item," OWA gives the error: "HTTP/1.0 500 Internal
Server Error." When I browse to this message on the M: drive it is
marked as a system/hidden file and can't be accessed or deleted. Can
someone point me in the right direction to get rid of this message or
troubleshoot what the problem is? Outlook claims it has an attachment.

There is nothing in the event log that looks suspicious.

Environment is

W2K Server SP2
Exchange Enterprise SP1
IIS 5.0