Aren't these the protocols used?

TAP - Telocator Alphanumeric Input Protocol

TAP was formerly known as the Motorola Page Entry (PET) as well as the IXO
alphanumeric entry protocol until it was adopted by Telocator in September
1988 as an industry standard for the input of paging requests. Telocator is
known as the Personal Communications Industry Association - PCIA, and the
protocol is now referred to as the Telocator Alphanumeric Protocol (TAP).

UCP - Universal Computer Protocol

UCP is part of the ERMES-recommendation. ERMES is a paging system specified
by the European Telecommunications Standard Institute (ETSI) to cover the
European need for paging services from the beginning of the 90's. ERMES is
supported by the EC which has sent a directive to all member countries about
allocating necessary radio spectrum for the system, and a recommended time
schedule for realization of the system.

Regards,

Sean Martin, MCSE
Network Administrator